ERDI-12 is a data interface between digital Motorola radio stations and other devices on RS232 or RS485 bus for Motorola series DM3000 and DM4000.
It is the first data interface between MOTOTRBO DM3000 and DM4000 series and other devices such as PCs, PLCs or RTUs using RS232, RS485 bus or Ethernet. It is used for data transfers with the following protocols: Modbus ASCII, Modbus RTU, IEC-101, DNP3, Connection Oriented (x25 like protocol) and Connectionless oriented (broadcast). Data packet length is up to 500 bytes. Our data interface can be used as a digipeater as well and radio channels can be changed with a command.
It acts as a radio communication interface for various devices, they can use a serial data port or an Ethernet port to connect to the ERDI-12. The data sent by the connected devices is forwarded to the local radio station through a USB connection. The local radio station then transmits the data to the remote radio station. Later the data is forwarded to the ERDI-12 which by using the appropriate communication interface (serial/Ethernet) sends the data to the connected device. Data transfer is packet oriented. A 16-bit CRC value is used to detect data corruption.
You can find ERDI-12 also in Motorola’s applications catalogue (september 2015) on page 138-139.
The Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia (CCIS) provides essential services for enterprises operating in Slovenia, and it is the ideal local partner for foreign investors. tukaj They gave us a diploma for inovation ERDI-12. About that here. And booklet.
- Compatible with MOTOTRBO™ DM3000 and DM4000 series
- Radio connection through USB, non-ip mode
- RS232, RS485 or ethernet for external device connection
- Reliable data transfer using 16 bit CRC and retransmission
- Digipeater option
- Data packet length up to 500 bytes
- connection oriented mode
- connectionless mode
- Modbus ASCII
- Modbus RTU
Variants of data interface:
- ERDI-12-2: RS232 interface
- ERDI-12-4: RS485 interface
- ERDI-12-2E: RS232 and ethernet interface
- ERDI-12-4E: RS485 and ethernet interface
- Power: 9 – 36 V DC
- Service interface: RS232
- LED indicators: PWR, MNG, DATA, ERR
- Serial interface:Data rate: 150 – 115200bps
- Data format: 7 or 8 bits
- Number of stop bits: 1 or 2
- Parity:No parity
- Flow control:None, RTS/CTS
- Data packet lenght: 1-500 bytes
- Radio connections: USB
- Ethernet data rate: 10/100 Mbps
- Operating temerature: -40 °C / 70°C
- Dimensions: 270 x 70 x 290 [mm]
- Weight: 345 g
- Packed into one cartoon box dimensions: 210 x 108 x55 [mm], weight: 426 g. Power cable included in package.
|Brochure ERDI 12
|User manual ERDI v0.8
|Decleration of Confirmity
|Firmware update manuals
|Diploma Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia (CCIS) for inovation